Tuesday 13 August 2013

Lilly Bunn Interiors

I came across the work of New York interior designer, Lilly Bunn, recently and instantly loved her bold style, which always includes an abundance of sumptuous texture and pattern. There was one home in particular in her portfolio that I was really taken with.




An entrance with 'wow'! A striking rug leads your eye down the hallway, which features beautifully upholstered chairs, and a round mirror above a simply styled console. The large framed photo and light add another touch of glam.




The living room boasts some of my favourite things - a jade green velvet sofa to die for, a sleek brass coffee table, and a Berber rug.




Under the window, photos and keepsakes seem to float above the upholstered stools, thanks to the Lucite console table.




Wallpaper provides a stunning backdrop to the dining setting. The spiky light contrasts the soft curves of the table and chairs.




A galley style kitchen has plenty of storage. The open shelves by the window are a great use of a small space.




Another great use of space is the tiny desk nook at the end of the bench. The stool tucks away underneath when not in use.




Dalmatian spots on the bathroom wall - yes please! The brass wall sconces and gold mirror add sophistication.




You have to be brave to have leopard print carpet, but it works in this decadent bedroom with the green velvet upholstered bed.




Velvet, florals and zebra print all sit happily together on the bed. The glossy black bedside table adds some weight to the room.




You can't go wrong with the combination of white and green in a bathroom - it's so fresh.
A touch of marble continues the glamorous theme of the home.

7 comments :

  1. I love the Lucite table, I would love a desk like this. I also adore the kitchen, it is very similar to the style of doors a am looking at for my own kitchen at the moment.

    Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the combination of the strong neutral base against all the texture and pattern! The entrance really caught my eye and I practically swooned over the fire escape out the window in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That jade green velvet sofa is a WINNER! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very classy. Not one room I wouldn't happily park myself in. So many really great elements to every space. Good spotting - haha - get the pun?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That entrance hallway is amazing and I love the touches of green and brass throughout x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Total favourite is the bathroom! I love spots, and Dalmatian ones are even better x

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips