Thursday 13 February 2014

Favourite Finds

I keep a folder on my desktop of my favourite finds during the week, and this time they seem to have, unconsciously, fallen into two distinct categories - healthy & wellbeing, and cute & cuddly.

I'm a big fan of Lorna Jane activewear, and they usually have a free gift when you spend $150 or more. Currently you get this great citrus squeeze water bottle to give your water that extra zing. We all know that we're supposed to drink lots of water to keep us healthy and hydrated, and I always have my water bottle on hand. But for those who struggle to drink their quota, this is a brilliant idea - a bit of flavour may be all they need to make it more appealing. Be quick though, this particular offer only runs until 25th February, or while stocks last.



One of my young daughters is having trouble getting to sleep, with her overly active imagination fueled by a scary movie she saw at her friend's place recently. So to relax her before bed I've been doing a simple yoga routine with the twins. Although this is called 'good morning yoga sequence' it seems to work in the evenings to stretch out their little bodies and leave them with a sense of wellbeing. They absolutely love it - I may have created a couple of yoga addicts!



If you're looking for something beautifully delicious for you or your friend's baby, Coast New Zealand have created The Baby Mac. It's a smaller version of their Mackenzie Throw, and made out of 100% NZ wool, it's light and breathable while still being snuggly and super warm. You can also have your choice of initials embroidered onto your blanket turning it into a family heirloom.



I happily stumbled across the most gorgeous Danish online shop called De Winkel Van Woonblog (super cute name!). They have some some adorable products and they ship to New Zealand.



As the owner of two cats I can tell you they would love these cute hideaways - the CatCube and the Cat Tipi - and because of their cool design, I'd be happy to have them in our home.



Lucky last (my favourite), my Mum bought the book Quake Dogs for my niece at Christmas time, and my girls loved it so much she bought them their own copy this week. It's a collection of stories about dogs that were affected by, and survived the 2011 Christchurch earthquakes. Some were rescuers, some were rescued, some of the stories will make you chuckle, and as a hopeless dog lover, some made me cry!



If you're a fellow dog lover I highly recommend this book by Laura Sessions with simply beautiful photography by Craig Bullock. Part of the proceeds from the book go to support HUHA, a national organisation that works to rescue and re-home animals around the country. They went to Christchurch three times to take more than 70 dogs, plus numerous other animals, to safe and loving homes elsewhere in the country.

No comments :

Post a Comment

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips